Monday, March 12, 2012

Woohoo a pretty week ahead

     It's predicted to be in the 80's today and the next two days and then the mid 70's the rest of the week.  After a dreary week-end and some much needed rain, it will be nice to see the sun and blue sky again for a few days. *smiles*  I kept the car today, and called the senior citizen center to see what they had going today.  Not much so I guess I won't be going any where.  I don't go shopping alone any more and if I do I usually see when Emily can go and we will head out late.  Our Wal Mart is open 24 hours and if I need anything specific I can usually find it there. 
     So I have my itunes up right now listening to my play lists.  I am trying to collect all my favorite songs over the years and I'm doing pretty good so far.  They had my all time favorite song by the orginal artist and I was so thrilled to get it.  You may laugh, but this song can really get you movin' lol  I love to dance and the songs from my teen years and younger were great.  So my favorite you ask?  Well it's "Dancing in the Streets" by Martha and the Vandella's.  Every time I hear it I feel like I could just get out and start dancing and get everyone else to join in.  lol.  A flash dance, wouldn't that be cool.  Now just to have a way to play it where it would blast out in a big lot or neighborhood. *smiles*  My dancing days are just about over, but I can sit and move to the music and feel like I'm getting a great work out anyway! If I start losing and toning up any, may think about a sit down work out video, hehehe
     I love having my new iphone Emily gave me for my birthday.  I am playing words with friends on the phone will typing my post.  I've even used it to harvest my FV crops and send and receive requests.  So cool.  I download one app that I can't wait till the nights become warm enough to sit out.  It's called Sky View and it is to name planets and will do all kinds of things when you point it up to the night sky.  I would love to get a really good telescope some day and star gaze.  I really want to learn to recognize all the groups of stars that make up say Gemini.  Right now all I can recognize is the big and little dippers. lol  They say you're never to old to learn and that would seem like a very interesting hobby.
     Well not sure what the rest of the day holds for me.  I leave the porch door to the house open on very nice days like this as the porch is enclosed and Buddy can go out there and bark away without driving me crazy. lol..  Going to try and get a bit of cleaning done.  So much needs doing, but I have to do it in very slow tiny increments in order not to hurt and breathe so hard.  Would be nice to be able to afford a house keeper for even 1 day a month.  But don't know of anyone who even cleans.  No one even advertises in the paper here.  Oh well I do what I can get done and the rest waits till I make it there.  lol.... 
     I really appreciate the quotes people share on their blogs.  Thought when I close I would share a few of my favorites with everyone.  So till next time....

    "Conditions are never just right.
     People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing."
                                                                                       --William Feather

Love and Hugs,
Nancze

9 comments:

  1. Hi Nancze,
    Your weather sounds great! Everyone I know loves their iPhones I just might get one when I get a free upgrade in August. I love the camera on it they take great pictures. Hope you have a wonderful Monday. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nancze,
    I love that quote at the end of your post. That Sky View game for your phone sounds absolutely fabulous! I would LOVE something like that :). How can you see your Farmville crops to harvest them? I would think that the farm on the little phone screen would be so small?! I love those charge-me-up songs, too. I have a list I made to my favorite songs that I've found on youtube. I just copy/pasted the links into Notepad. Have a wonderful day. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancze, I'm going to download the Sky View app. Tony watches the sky every night. The app should help him identify what he sees. He also has some powerful binoculars but didn't bring them with us. Isn't fun how we can share info on apps for our Iphone. I didn't think I wanted one but I'm so glad I got it. I use to play FV on it on my way to work. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancze (love the spelling -- have never seen it before!)

    Thanks so much for the visit to my blog and your thoughtful comment.

    No iPhone here -- I live out in the sticks and have pretty lousy reception as it is. Maybe someday! We are having wonderful weather here too in Nebraska. 70s all week and I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 80. Crazy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No iphone here but it's fun hearing about the apps. Sorry to hear your Senior Center didn't have anything going on. Have fun watching the sky! Hugz!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice gift! I have an iPad and play Words with Friends with Justin. We just saw the new Footloose- there's a song that you can't sit still to either! Feeling much better tonight so ready to tackle all those pets and kids this week! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancze;

    No iPhone here either, I have an android type but basically use to text family. Being home 99% of the time, I use my laptop for fun, music and games.

    It's been warm here too with temps reaching 70 yesterday and today too. Have a great day my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancze!
    Popping in to say hi!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete