Saturday, February 25, 2012

Clumsy

     I was able to get outside for awhile yesterday evening.  Emily stayed for a bit when she came to pick up Preston.  We Pick him up from school on Friday's, well actually JD does as Friday is one of his days off.  She and her Dad got his 22 hand gun and did some practice shooting.  JD had a plastic BB hand gun that he was teaching Preston with, but he just wasn't able to remember some of the basic gun rules like don't point at anyone, don't run with the gun and don't throw it.  So I think he'll just stay with Grammie and observe for awhile longer, until he gets how to behave with a gun down pat.  JD, Emily and my son Cliff all like to do shooting.  Cliff being a policeman is well versed in gun etiquette.  I am not interested so don't shoot with them.  It's rather rare to do it too because of the cost of ammunition.  
     It was cool with the wind, but I had a hooded jacket on and sat in the sun, so wasn't to cold.  It was nice just to be out in the fresh air.  I was getting up from this metal bench I was sitting on and turned catching my foot on the side of the bench and fell.  I hit my right leg and cheek and messed up my glasses again.  Em and her Dad got me up easily enough, but I just get very unstable at times and worry about falling.  Luckily I didn't break anything and am just sore all over, especially my right upper leg, which I think is going to bruise up.  I got my glasses straightened out too, thank goodness.  I didn't use my walker going out, but it wouldn't of made a difference if I had had it there or not.  Just a clumsy accident. 
    I got a list of some friends blog from another friend.  i hope to get started visiting and they me.  I have a lot of former blog friends on FB so I posted a status feed telling my friends that I am back.  I hope to hear from some of them over time. 
     Being sore I am not doing much today.  Spending time on the computer.  There is just so little of interest to watch on tv on the week-ends and to be honest it's not much better  during the week.  Just to many reruns of old shows that I like, but you can only watch old reruns just so much.  After a while it's just doesn't hold your interest.  You'd think with having direct tv with all those channels you'd just having a never ending list of things to watch.  Funny I guess I am just to picky.  JD loves the History channel and watches it the most. Anything military or with guns too.  
    Guess I'll go make some visits then take a nap.  I don't sleep to well most nights and I've kind of gotten into the habit of napping every day since I quit work, lol... Hope your day is going well. 

Love and Hugs

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nancze!!
    It is so nice to see you blogging again! Welcome back.
    Have a nice weekend.
    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancze! Sorry about your fall but glad you didn't break any thing. On Tuesday on Good Morning America, they are announcing the new cast of Dancing with the Stars. If I remember right, you were a dancer so maybe you'll enjoy that show. Think it returns in March. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancze, Welcome back to the blogging world. So happy to have you join us again. Our numbers have really dwindled over the past couple of years. Thankfully a couple diehards have hung in there.

    So sorry about your fall. Glad you didn't break anything. I was shocked to read your little grandson is in school already. Where did the time go?

    Have a lovely w/e girlfriend. Talk to me soon. Hugz!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancze! I hope you remember me! :) I was blog hopping & saw your name, & was so happy to see that you've returned. I've fallen away from the blogging world too, but trying to go back to posting my my Simple Woman's Daybook. I still have my daily blog, so hope to get back to it as some point. Anyway, so good to catch up with your life. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancze, I found you from Darylyyn's blog. I still have my website and plan to keep it for another year. I am glad you didn't break anything in your fall. I live with aches and pains too and use meds when I need them. I am busy with my grand kids too. They are a blessings. I still miss my Reina. Come by for a visit. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancze,
    Welcome back to the blogging world. I missed you :) Sorry about your fall :( Very glad you didn't break anything. Have a wonderful Monday my friend. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete