Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year Day!

    Or however it should be said, lol..   I did not even realize it was a leap year until this morning.  Oh well, what's one more day to the usual cycle of things, right?  I appreciate how Darylynn put all the new stars with their partners on the new season of DWTS.  I still am not greatly impressed but like her I am glad to see the pros return.  I'm sure I'll watch, just not sure how much.  Last season I usually watched the night of when someone went home.  It kepted me up pretty well.  I also recorded alot of it too so I didn't miss anything of other interest to me. :-) 
     How sad that Branson was so badly hit with Tornado's last night.  Many places on the strip damaged and old downtown.  but they will rebuild.  My prayers for the families who lost loved ones.  I have a sister in law that lives in a town just right next to Branson and she works out of Branson.  I am hoping that they are ok and their home.  I believe so from what I can gather on the news.  Another town in Kansas was hit badly too.  I really hate Spring due to the tornado season.  They are so destructive not just with property, but with lives.  I have noticed the increasing number of states that have had tornado's hit that are not usually targets of this type of weather.  It seems to be increasing all over.  I've always lived in areas that are part of what is called Tornado Alley, but seems they can hit anywhere.  You do learn to be very respectiful of them and the warnings.  We've been experiencing alot of earthquakes here in Oklahoma too.  I believe the only thing we might be safe from here is a Tsunami, but probably shouldn't totally rule it out. :-)
     I hope everyone is saying prayers so that Syria will allow those killed reporters to be allowed to come home for a proper burial.  Also to let go those two who are injured.  We gave Bin Laden a proper burial according to his faith.  I don't understand those countries.  Why they have no regard for anyone else but themselves.  I keep hearing that all islamic people are not like that, in fact the majority are are good law abiding.  This is suspect is true.  It's just that their govts. sure are fanatical, but maybe ours is to them.  I don't know.  I just don't understand having no repect for others or human life.  I know God has it all in control.  I just can't help but express how I don't understand. 
     Well I kept the car today and hope to get out for a bit this afternoon.  It is suppose to reach the 70's today.  Not a day to just sit in the house for sure.  Hope you all have a good one. 

Love and Hugs.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nancze! I've never linked a photo or graphic on blogger from Photobucket so not sure how it's done. Sadie's computer has a virus right now or I'd ask her where to link her mood girls, etc... but you could just add a credit line at the bottom if you can figure out how to add the image. So far, I've just uploaded photos from my computer... not sure where they're going???

    Hope your SIL is safe in Branson! Crazy about the earthquakes in Oklahoma. Not fair when you also have tornadoes! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancze, welcome back to Blog-Ville! :)
    So nice to catch up with you again.
    Have a happy Leap Day and take care :)
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Darylynn is go good about keeping us updated with 'who's who'. So glad she can do that cuz I sure lost track. It's just a regular kind of day here too. Feel sorry for the kids born on this day.

    Hope you used that truck and got out and about today! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nancze! I'm thrilled you're blogging again! You have been so missed! I had totally forgotten it was Leap Year until today...hehe...

    Oh, your comment thingie won't let me fill in my URL for you. So you'll just see my Google I.D., I guess. But my blog is http://victoriagaines.com (Light for the Creative Soul).

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete