Friday, February 24, 2012

Where is Winter

          I am not a winter person, in fact I've been thrilled that the winters here are more often mild than severe, but we have had some cold ones over the years.  It seems more and more though that the seasons have not been the same as they use to be.  In fact to me Spring is very short as is Fall.  What is your opinion? 
     It is suppose to be a balmy 55 out this afternoon and if the wind will stay down I look forward to spending a bit of time sitting outside and enjoying some fresh air.  I've always wished I could garden (flowers, etc.) but I just don't have a green thumb at all and the few times I tried, well either the dog tore up the beds or the cows do.  JD just lets them wander all over and they will tear into anything.  My biggest disappointment with them though, was when I put out a bird feeder.  I was so excited, looking forward to watching the birds enjoy it when not long after I put it up I saw a cow out there batting the H out of it to eat the seed!!!  Needless to say it didn't last or stay up very long at all.  :-(  So I just enjoy the view and dream of a home with a maid and a gardener,  lol.....
     This day 3 of 4 days JD is off from work.  I really kind of dread when he retires,  lol... He gets on my computer and plays spider solitaire for hours or just spends time googling different things he is interested in.  Takes up my computer time, but thank goodness for my wonderful daughter.  For my birthday this year she got me a 3G iphone and my son got a nice cover for it.  Now at least I can keep up with my FB friends and play my favorite game Words with Friends without needing to be on the PC.
     Watched the movie "The Kings Speech" this morning.  I adore Colin Firth and this was such an awesome movie.  I have the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice which I just can watch again and again and again.  Also the movie Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson.  JD will keep going around repeating Ms Dashwood, the whole spill.  It is so comical.  But Any Jane Austen movie and book are worth repeating as often as one wants.
     My online Tech stopped by today.  It is a problem with the tower which I was pretty sure it was, but now it seems to be working like a jewel.  Would love to get and ipad or something like it, maybe the Kindle Fire since Emily hooked me up to a wireless router.  Maybe someday.  I hope the Fire comes down in price more this year so maybe by Christmas, you think?     lol
    Well that is what is spinning around in my world for the day,  hope yours is going well.  Will be glad when the election gets here and all this stuff on tv news can be over for a bit.  I'm so tired of listening to it all.  Things in the middle east are really heating up.  I sure wonder often what is going to happen next.  Have a great day. 

Love and Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancze, welcome back to blogging! I was so thrilled to see your comment at my blog. I just started mine up, as well again, a few months ago. I don't post every day. But, like you, I do like to keep in contact with my blog friends :). The blogging world is quieter than it has ever been, but there are still some of us around :). So happy to hear of your daughter's pregnancy! Give Buddy a big hug for me. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete