Monday, February 27, 2012

My Oscar Dish

     I taped the Oscars and the 3 hour red carpet show on E in hopes I would get to see all the gowns.  I was kind of disappointed this year as the whole Oscar Affair just seemed to lack something for me.  Most of the gowns were so lovely that for me it's hard to pick just one.  Jane Seymore was in this awesome red dress and Cameron Diaz's and Jlo's were very pretty too.  But one I really like was a white silver worn by Guillanna Ranci the hostess of E news.  I loved the spray like design on the shoulders and just the all over shape.  Of course nothings really elegant would look good on me,  lol...  Being over weight, well clothes just are not flattering unless it's a MooMoo. *smiles*  As far as actresses and their clothes, I have always wondered how many actually use a stylist.  4 appeared on the E news red carpet special, there was this panel of a stylist, actress, Guillianna and Kelly Osbourne, discussing the different gowns.  And those that use a stylist, I think good heavens what do they make!!  lol  They must charge quite a bit from what I can tell, and they never have to buy the clothes,  All the fabulous dresses are on loan! I always though for years that the actresses bought them.  Well maybe some do, but I bet the majority don't.  I bet the main reason they are always asked who are they wearing is for advertisement,  lol....
     The show itself was pretty good.  I liked that Billy Crystal was the host again.  Funny but with good taste.  I doubt I ever see the movie that won "The Artist"  and though it might be very excellent, I would of preferred seeing "The Help" get the recognition it truly deserved.  I was upset that Viola Davis did not win best Actresses.  She really deserved it.  Meryl is a great actress but the role of Abileen was much more......,  oh I can't think of the words I want to say.  Margaret Thatcher was a great woman in an age where women were not suppose to be as important in the world of politics as men.  Yet Abileen was a woman who had much more to overcome in my opinion.  And Ms Davis's portrayal was so compassionate and beautifully done.
    Many of the movie's that were nominated I have not seen.  I want very much to see "The War Horse", "Hugo" and "The Descendants"  I usually have to wait till they come out on DVD before I see them though as I rarely go to the movie theater anymore. 
    As for the rest of my Sunday, my world turned rather slowly.  I napped a bit and over all just didn't feel all that good.  I'm so happy to see several ole blogging friends finding me.  I so enjoy visiting them and seeing what they are doing.  One is getting to go on a trip to Hawaii!!  I'm so excited for her and a bit jealous.  I would love a trip to the islands and just spend all my time lying on the beach and enjoying the ocean.  Well till tomorrow.  take care and I send...

Love and Hugs

4 comments:

  1. Nancze, the Oscars lacked a bit for me too, but I did enjoy it. Billy Crystal is always good when he hosts it. I agree with you on the winners. I was really disappointed that 'The Artist' won & that the actor in that also got best actor. I've not seen it, but not sure I want too either. :) Now don't be too quick on thinking you wouldn't be glamorous in a gown - I think you would!! I was so happy to see your tag at my Simple Woman's Daybook. I post in it every Monday. I'm commenting under my daily blog is you want to drop in there & read a bit. I haven't posted there since August though. :( Maybe someday I will get back to daily blogging. Have a wonderful day Nancze...hugs!
    P.S. Guess I cant' comment under my daily blog name - if you want to go by there, it's http://homespunblessings.net/Gratefulheartblog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancze! You should see The Artist when it comes out on DVD. It's totally charming and Jean Dujardin was so wonderful in it. I'm a huge Clooney fan and he's so well-respected in Hollywood that he'll have many opportunities to win Oscars- in acting, directing and producing! :) He has won for Supporting Actor. The Help was a great movie and I was sorry Viola didn't win but it is surprising that Meryl hasn't won in 30 years! You're doing a good job on posting! :) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! I was cheering for The Help too! Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancze, Being out here in So Cal the Oscars are a really big deal so I always get excited and enjoy watching them. I loves all the dresses this year very prety! I loved The Artist but my favorite movie was The Decsendants and My Week with Marylyn. Michelle Willams did a great job playing her. Meryl so deserved another Oscar the movie she was in I have no interest in seeing but I saw the trailers and she did a bang up job playing Thatcher. Hope you have a lovely Tuesday. Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete