Thursday, February 23, 2012

I have returned....

     I have returned to the blogging world.  While thinking of a blog title I really tried to be creative and I immediately thought of the soap show As the World Turns.  lol  I thought why not As My World Turns for a title.  I don't have as much if any real drama as you would find on a soap opera, but my world does turn even without my effort.  I also have a friend who is still blogging that I would like to visit and I would hope that she will come back and visit me along with others I have a blog friendship with over the years.
     Alot has happened since I more or less quit blogging so a short catch up I guess is due.  I am fully retired from nursing now and am on disability.  All those years of pounding those concrete floors and lifting adult patients have taken it's toll on me.  My back is fully shot, but I choose not to have any kind of surgery.  I have seen up close all the pain and redoing of surgeries that people I know have gone through.  I just deal with the pain as best I can with some help from pain medication.  I do have to use a walker now and one with a seat as I can't stand for any real length of time.  So I don't get out that much.  Also my jeep, rest it's soul, gave out, and it needs a new transmission.  That's just to expensive to fix.  So hubby uses the car, but if I want it he can take his pick up to work.  Mostly I stay home.  Just don't have that many places to go. 
     I watch alot of movies, thank goodness for Amazon.com  lol  and I also recieved a kindle from my wonderful daughter so I read alot.  I want to start crocheting again too.  I have plenty of things I can do to keep busy I suppose, but I do miss contact with people.  Sometimes I get really depressed about it.  I did try to visit with a friend or two now and then, but everyone's life is so busy.  So most of my time is spent pursuing my hobbies here at home. 
     Hubby and I have been on some real vacations too the past couple of years.  We spent a week at a hotel on the beach in Corpus Christi a couple of years ago and year before last we went to the Grand Canyon.  JD has always wanted to see it and he really had a great time!  Of course it rained on us the whole time and we even were almost in a tornado that hit outside of Flagstaff!  It was an exciting trip, lol.  Last year though we took the week and spent it visiting my best friend who lives right outside Nashville.  It was the best week ever for me.  I sure miss her so much.  I know we'll go back.
     I don't forsee a vacation this year because my daughter is going to have her second child, which will be due around the end of Sept. or in Oct.  Her son and my adorable grandson Preston will be 7 this april.  He is so excited and wants a brother and a sister,  lol.  He may get his wish as twins run on both sides of the families!  But both Emily and I are praying for just one healthy baby, boy or girl. *smile*  My grandchildren are the light of my life.  Cliff and Valarie's two are really growning!  Madison is 7 and Eli is 4 soon to be 5 in June.   I will try and post recent pictures soon. 
     I still have Buddy my little black and  tan Doxie.  He is 8 now and had problems with his back this year.  We had to confine him for about 6 weeks and though he can walk again he can't jump up, sit up and walks sideways at times.  Well actually all the time, lol  He'll be running and his back-end will swing to one side or the other so you can see he is still weak.  But he gets around well, eats everything in site,  still will chew up tissue and paper when he can get ahold of it.  But he is just a stubborn little ole man now.  lol
     well that's about it for this post.  I'll try and post really often.  I don't know about every day, but I think it would be fun to get back to frequent blogging.  I just thank and praise God for everyday I am given.  Hope to see some of my ole friends stopping by again. 

Love and Hugs from Oklahoma! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nansze
    Glad your back.I'm still at http://kayeskorner.com.Hope your are well and I keep you in my prayers.Hugs,Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancze, so glad to see you back in the blogging world. I have a new blog home, although I have taken a hiatus due to "Lots going on in my personal life" but will be back at soon I hope.

    Love,
    Cindy
    www.oldfashioned-farmhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancze!
    What a nice surprise! I have really missed you and was sad and a bit worried that you disappeared like you did. But I understand if you just didn't feel like blogging. It sounds like you've had some nice trips and I know you look forward to another grandchild this fall. We're still waiting on Justin to do his part in the grandchild area but he recently broke up with his girlfriend so he's dating again and has a new girlfriend. They're going to London and Turkey in a couple of weeks. She's a big traveler. Will add your new home to my blog roll. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete