Thursday, March 8, 2012

Windy In Ok

     You just can't be in Oklahoma and not feel, what it is famous for, the wind.  When Rodgers and Hammerstein penned the song Oklahoma they nailed it right on the head!.  The first line of their song,  Oklahoma, where the wind come sweeping down the plains!!  lol.... Well we've been experiencing it for close to a week.  We live up on a hill out away from town by 3 miles.  When you step outside the wind will blast you to a point, that if you are out in it for any length of time, you'll feel so tired and beaten when you get out of it.  Yesterday I had a hair appointment and got a perm.  I was going to use my walker, because of the very hard wind.  When I tried to leave I really almost fell just trying to get out the porch door.  The walker was making it very difficult.  I managed and got to the car, but when I came home I just left it in the car.  I walked very slowly and made it although my knee was giving me fits.  If you are going to live in Oklahoma you just need to be prepared to deal with high winds especially during the spring.
     I kept my hair long when getting the perm and when it was done I was pleased.  I let it dry naturally and though it's not an extremely tight curl it will be nice in the body it will give my hair.  I have a roller brush heating item and I can curl it quickly for a nice body look if I get out.  Otherwise it will be a fizzy like bush at home.  Actually it is like that because of having to use the cpap mask to sleep.  It just weighs areas down where the straps go.  I can have a really bad case of bed head in the mornings, lol..  I enjoy going to get my hair done,  My hairdresser is so fun to chat with and always so bubbly and happy.  She can talk and talk lol.  I texted Emily, who has been home sick since Sunday, to come and chat with us a bit. She would be going to pick up Preston soon so she came by and chatted with us for awhile.
     Wednesday is Survivor night, yeah!!  Boy last night was something else.  The girls won the reward challenge and got them a tarp.  The immunity challenge the men won, but they decided they wanted to rid themselves of a member so badly that they voted to give the girls their immunity idol and go to council instead.  Jeff was really blown away as this was the first time in 20 seasons that this had been done.  Colton is pretty much the leader of the men and he wanted to get rid of Bill badly simply because he didn't like him as he felt he was a bum for being a stand up comic with another job.  I personally don't like Colton, who is a very spoiled Gay college student.  He admited is only relation with a black was their housekeeper who though the pay is just like one of the family.  Sound like a family that could of been one from the book, "The Help"!! Anyway is annoying in his attitude and I just want to slap him when he does this roll of his head and eyes all the time.  Anyway Bill got voted off, although I thought it might be Leif since most of the group blamed him for being a traitor when he told Bill they wanted to vote him off.  The show is such a soap opera and I am always amazed at how the people will do about anything to be the sole survivor.  lol...
     Here are a few pictures from Preston's classes last day of celebrating Dr. Seuss and having their Green Eggs and Ham snack. 
Patiently Waiting

The Goodies

umm, do I like it.
He did, lol....


    Well this is how my world has been turning.  I meant to post earlier but still having problems with my internet connection popping on and off and when I went to try earlier this morning it went by by.  So hopefully it won't happen while I'm getting this done now
Till next time...
Love and Hugs
Nancze


2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancze;

    We are supposed to get heavy winds tomorrow. I hope it's not as bad as the wind you have as my son is taking me shopping tomorrow. Love the photos of Preston having his green eggs & ham. ;-}

    Have a blessed evening my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancze,
    It's windy here too. Wonder if we have the same wind that you do? Preston looks so cute. Hard to believe how big he is. Seems like just yesterday he was a baby. Where does the time go? Survivor is crazy! Don't like Colton either. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete