Thursday, March 29, 2012

Puppy Mom

     Oh the joys of raising and teaching a new puppy the rules, lol.  It's pretty wild around here now, but one thing I appreciate is that he likes to take several naps for a nice length of time.  I need to vacuum as I haven't for a few days due to needing some new bags.  I wonder how he will do with it.  I'm sure he'll bark at it, but I hope he doesn't the whole time and gets use to it.  We gave him his first of two parvo shots today and he didn't mind it one bit.  I use frontline for ticks and fleas and can use it on him, which is good that he is old enough to apply it.  I gather the ticks will be bad this year as will the mosquito's.  I need to get to Wal Marts and get him a good supply of toys.  He loves my old house shoes, and the toys we've gotten so far, but he doesn't have that one yet that will keep his attention for more than 5 minutes.  He goes from one thing to another and then is on the hunt to find something else to chew and play with.  I feel mean taking his found treasures away from him, but he will learn eventually that his toys are his and my stuff is mine, lol. 
     He loves to be outside and just sniffs and has his little nose in the grass all the time.  Was fine till he found a dead mouse and just keep rubbing and rubbing all over it.  Bath time, and he wasn't to happy, but hope he'll get use to it in time.  It's wearing on me though to be constantly looking to see where he is and what he is into.  If I don't see him I know he is checking out things and might get into something he shouldn't.  That is usually the case, lol.  Nights are good though.  When I am ready for bed I turn off the tv and he lets me pick him up easily and put him in his cage.  I love that he is quiet all night until I am up and ready to let him out.  Having a pup that doesn't cry all night is a real blessing :-)
      So that is how my world is revolving these days.  Hope yours is going well.  Till next time.


Love and Hugs,
Nancze

9 comments:

  1. You got a new puppy! Good for you! What breed? What's his/her name? sounds like a winner to me. Congratulations! Where's the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancze,
    So happy to hear your new puppy is doing so well :) You need to take some more pictures of him :) Hope you have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nancze!! I am so sorry about Buddy!! That is so sad. I am glad you have a new puppy, they are so much fun. I am excited to see a picture of him. Give him a kiss for me. Have a nice weekend. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy April Nancze;

    I'm so glad your new puppy is doing well. They are so much like babies aren't they. LOL! Take care and have a lovely beginning of the week dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sounds like he's doing really well especially with the sleeping through the night! Chewing is just something they have to grow out of but it's good to give him a lot of his own chew toys. Justin's puppy chewed up his baseboards! We're waiting to replace them when he's over the chewing stage., Puppies are a handful and will keep you busy! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancze,

    So happy to hear you've got a new addition to the family! What kind of dog is he? He sounds adorable. Do you have a name for him yet? Sorry if you mentioned and if there's typing errors. I took a few tylenol with codeine pills that Rog got me yesterday... I hurt my ribs twisting oddly yesterday. The pills are strong and are making me woozy lol. Puppies really are a bundle of energy, but they don't stay small for long :) ((hugs)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nancze, I have sure enjoyed the blog. I hope you don't mind me stopping in from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancze
    Wishing you and your family a very Blessed Easter.Hugs Kaye
    I am at http://www.kayeskorner.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nancze,
    Just popping by to see how you're doing. How's that adorable puppy doing? They are a lot of work, but so worth it,and they don't say puppies for long :) Hope you had a wonderful Easter. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete