Friday, March 2, 2012

Suess Week!

     Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday!  Preston's class at school had Dr. Seuss week.  It sounded so fun and his teacher is on FB and I am friends with her so got to see and download from the pictures she took during the week of the fun things they did.  Monday was crazy outfit day, Tues crazy hat and Wed. crazy socks.  Thurs they each brought their favorite Dr. Seuss book.  Preston's was Green eggs and Ham.  Today they snacked on Green eggs and Ham.  A cute snack that his teacher prepared for them and they watch The Cat in the Hat movie.  Next week the class is going on a field trip to the Movies to see the new Seuss movie The Lorax.  Emily is taken off to go with them.  Here are Preston's crazy outfit and socks.  His hat is the picture of him in the previous post.  His cowboy hat, lol.. They've really had a fun week at school.  Almost makes me wish I could of participated. *smiles*


His Seuss crazy socks

 
                                                            
His Seuss Crazy Outfit.

      So cute!.  Well so much for me blogging late night or early,  lol..  I woke up with my eyes very tired and hurting this morning.  Went back to bed and didn't get back up till about noon.  Every Friday is Papa's day to pick up Preston from school.  He takes him to town usually to get a treat and then out here till Mom gets off work.  Last Friday and this Friday Emily stayed for awhile  Her dad is helping her learn to shoot a pistol.  She is thinking about getting one because a lot of the places she visits are in not great neighborhoods.  She'll get all the permits she needs to carry one, but I am praying she will never have to use it.  I sat outside to watch for a bit.  It was a very pretty day, but only up in the high 50's.  Though the breeze was light after a bit I got cold so came back in.  She bought me an iphone for my birthday so tonight she fixed my old phone for JD to use.  It's a nice phone,  it had a keyboard which I miss, but I love my iphone so am not going to gripe, lol.  To call and receive calls he should be able to work it, but actually the simpler the phone the better for him.
     I am getting my yarn out to try and start crocheting again.  I want to make a couple of prayer shawls for some friends.  They are so pretty and nice.  I believe I have enough of a couple of colors to make at least 2.  I am going to look for a pretty but easy afghan pattern to make one for next winter.  I want it fairly tight with not alot of open looks to it so it will be warm to wrap up in.  We truly had a mild winter and last year it was mostly mild, so I just know a cold one has to be coming. 
     It really is spring like but will soon be hot.  Spring just doesn't seem to last very long anymore.  All the trees, grasses and weeds are coming out and those with allergies are suffering a bit right now.  My windows are open most of the time now, I still close them at night as it can really cool down.  But I just love having the sound of the outdoors where I can hear it.  Our heifer's are calving right now too, so far we have 3. They are so cute when they are babies, lol.  You can't ever get close to them though, as the mommas are super protective.  JD's seen come coyotes lately, but so far the mommas have done a great job of keeping the little ones safe.  There is a canyon north of the house, quite a ways and often the coyotes will have a litter or two down in there and at night you can hear the pups crying out.  You use to hear the oil wells at night too, but lately alot of them run on a timing system and they are not as noticeable as when they were going all the time.  It can get quite noisy at night with all the sounds, but you often just get use to it and eventually it will lull you to sleep. 
     That is pretty much how my world turn for today.  There is never anything on TV for Friday's although we do like to watch this show called Storage Wars.  It's mostly repeats right now though.  May something good will start on Fridays over the next few months.  Anyone like the next OWN network that is Oprah's new adventure?  I watch a few shows on it, but it is showing alot of other network shows too.  It's ok but not what I felt it was hyped up to be.  Till tomorrow then.

Love and Hugs,  Nancze



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancze! What a cute outfit for Dr. Suess Day. That'll be great to go see the new movie. I always enjoyed reading Seuss to my classes. We have coyotes here, too. We used to hear the babies yop yiping all night but we have new double paned windows so we don't hear them anymore. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete